Last review date: 12/19/2017
Information We Collect and Use
Information Collection: We may collect some or all of the following information from you when you visit and interact with our Site:
- Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us. “Personal Information” is information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. It includes such things as name, address, company name, occupational role, telephone number, fax number, email address, date of birth, and purchase and ordering history.
- Non-identifying information we collect when you use the Site. “Non-identifying information” is information that alone cannot identify you and has not been associated with you. It includes such things as data from cookies or pixel tags, or data about the device you use to access, use, or interact with our Site, such as your IP address or the type of browser you are using.
Medoc does not collect sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) without your express consent or as required by law.
Medoc does not collect any Personal Information from you through the Site unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information. We may ask you to provide certain Personal Information at various times and places on the Site. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested Personal Information, you may not be able to access all of the Site or participate in all of its features.
For example, we may collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Register, subscribe, or create an account with Medoc;
- Connect, link or “share” our Site via social networking sites;
- Apply for a job at Medoc.
At some point in the future, if Medoc enhances the Site to offer the following, we may collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Purchase products from Medoc through our Site;
- Open or respond to our email offers;
- When you voluntarily provide us with information through our customer surveys which we may then link to personal information that we previously collected about you;
- Contact customer service, use our “Connect” feature to converse with a Medoc representative, or otherwise make use of our customer support tools;
- Sign-up for our email updates and newsletters;
- Provide ratings or reviews of our products and services;
Information Use: We use the Personal Information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site, our services, and our products;
- Establish an online Medoc account for you at your request;
- To determine whether you are a suitable candidate for any open jobs at Medoc;
- Provide customer service (for example, answering your questions or responding to a request);
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Medoc and our third party business partners;
- Identify your preferences so can we notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you;
- Validate your ability to access and/or use certain products or services that may only be intended for individuals meeting certain eligibility requirements or criteria, such as health care professionals;
- Send you reminders, updates, support, administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Allow you to interact with certain third-party content service providers (for example, to enable you to link to, or view content from, third party sites within our Site, or view our content on a third party site);
- Administer online surveys from us or through our third-party business partners;
- Improve our Site, customer service, products and services and overall user experience;
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
- To process prescriptions and requisition orders sent electronically and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as administration of the Site, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Terms and Conditions, or to comply with the law.
Resume Submission: Medoc posts available jobs through ZipRecuriter with a link from the Site and allows you to submit your resume to us. Medoc will ask for your name, street address, phone number, e-mail address, position applied for, education, work experience, and skills. The information and the resume you submit will be used by Medoc only to determine whether you would be a good candidate for the requested job. The information may be saved in our files in case you would be a good candidate for a future job. The information will be shared internally on a need-to-know basis, and will not be given to any third parties other than our service providers who process information on our behalf.
Social Networking: Certain social media features available on our Site may be hosted by third-party sites. For example, some social networking services allow you to share products and services from our Site via your social networking profile. Our Site also allows you to apply for available jobs at Medoc through your LinkedIn account. If you choose to make use of third-party social media services (such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn), we may receive Personal Information about you, such as your name and email address that you have made available through those services. We encourage you to visit those third-party social networking services’ privacy policies and review your privacy settings directly on those services. Any information we receive through third-party social media services may be used as described in this policy.
By collecting this non-identifying information we can better understand how you interact with our Site; give you a more personal and optimized online experience by tracking your preferences; improve our Site; fulfill contracts with our business partners; help confirm receipt of and response to our emails; and provide more effective customer service. We also use this information for the same purpose as your Personal Information.
You can choose not to provide us with this information, but please be aware that certain portions of the Site may not be available to you.
Disclosure of Information
Medoc is committed to keeping your Personal Information confidential. We do not sell, trade or rent to third parties your Personal Information collected on the Site.
We may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law as follows:
- With our vendors who provide services for us on our behalf, such as processing and fulfilling orders; data analytics and storage; assistance with direct marketing and distribution of emails and other communications; fraud prevention services; delivery and logistics; and to accomplish the other purposes for collection described above.
- In the event we or any of our affiliates file for bankruptcy, or where there is a transfer of ownership (or assets) in connection with proposed or consummated corporate reorganizations of Medoc or any of our affiliates, such as mergers, acquisitions, or sales of business units;
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Medoc;
- In response to a subpoena, court order, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose non-identifying information:
- For the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- With third-party business partners for their own research and analysis;
- With third-party advertisers or other vendors to place our advertisements on our Site and on third-party sites, to facilitate targeted content, and to analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements.
Access to your Personal Information is limited by need. Only a restricted number of Medoc employees and individuals and entities with whom Medoc contracts to carry out business will have access to your Personal Information for the purposes described above.
Commercial Emails: You may choose to opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by signing into your account and adjusting your email preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you non-commercial emails related to your account and your transactions on the Site. Also, please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal. You may update your account preferences at any time. If you wish to opt-out of receiving offers directly from our third-party business partners, you can follow the instructions in the emails that they send you.
Cookies and Tracking: You can disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
To disable “flash cookies,” you can adjust the setting of your Flash player to block Flash cookies using the tools contained in your website storage settings panel. More information can be found on Adobe’s website.
Please be aware, however, that if you turn off cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site features. For example, we will not be able to recognize you as a registered user to allow you access to your account information.
Do Not Track: Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
If you wish to access, modify or update any personal information we have received, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you are a registered user, you can access your account at any time to modify or update your account information.
Medoc takes appropriate steps to manage the privacy of your Personal Information and the security of the Site. We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Information. Still, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, Medoc cannot guarantee that your Personal Information is under absolute security with the existing security technology. If you have any questions about the security of our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Children Under 13
Medoc does not intend that any portion of its Site will be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen, and such use is prohibited. Our Site is designed and intended for adults. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s Personal Information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
The Site is intended for United States residents. Your Personal Information will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country. You are solely responsible for compliance with foreign laws, not Medoc, when you provide your Personal Information and use the Site from outside the United States. You agree that the laws of the United States will govern the processing of your personal information, including any obligations of security and third-party sharing.